Anyone recieved 0E-00002008 errors?

Installing an App-V environment; Client, Server, Sequencer components; Best Practices, Videos, How to Guides

Moderators: kirk, jur, kkaminsk

Anyone recieved 0E-00002008 errors?

Postby rjemison » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:27 pm

This was previously posted under the application sequencing forum because the error only appears during the stream, but since it is more of a problem with the client installation I wanted to cross post.

These errors are only appearing on Citrix clients and appear even though the applictions will fully load. I found a document on the error on the MS website (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931579/en-us), but the recommended log off and back on did not resolve the problem.

Thanks!

Rob
rjemison
Accomplished Virtualizer

Postby seq_tim » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:05 am

Although not stated in the KB, any machine with a SoftGrid Client needs to be rebooted once. Also, ensure there is nothing in policy or scripts that prevents that Q: drive from being available.
tim (Microsoft MVP for App-V)
Kahuna, TMurgent Technologies: http://www.tmurgent.com
President, Virtualization Boston: http://www.virtg.com
seq_tim
Elder

Postby rjemison » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks for the info, but I'd already checked that in desperation. Because this Citrix server is a vm and not a physical machine, I'm wondering if this is some sort of bug, even though the install was done through the vm console. Is anyone else running Citrix on a vm who may've seen this type of error?
rjemison
Accomplished Virtualizer

Postby rjemison » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:07 pm

Another strange piece of this I just noticed is that if I connect to the Citrix box through RDP I can successfully launch applications, but if I use an ICA to connect (using the same ID I did with RDP of course) I am not able to stream....just some additional food for thought.
rjemison
Accomplished Virtualizer

Postby kkaminsk » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:55 pm

When you connect via ICA are you using seamless windows or a published desktop?
kkaminsk
Guru

Postby kkaminsk » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:00 pm

Here is some info on published applications not working.

http://www.brianmadden.com/forum/topic/print/73763

The thing is you are having a problem with the SoftGrid client itself which suggests something is very wrong with the application environment. Have you tried a dependency walker trace or process monitor to see what the application launch looks like?
kkaminsk
Guru

Postby kkaminsk » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 pm

kkaminsk
Guru

Postby rjemison » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:38 pm

We've checked, and have no luck so far....

Are there any known issues with running the SoftGrid TS client on a virtual machine? The only difference I can find between the two servers that are giving me problems and the others that are working are that these two are NOT physical boxes.
rjemison
Accomplished Virtualizer

Postby kkaminsk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:07 pm

Hmm, sounds more like the build process to me. Almost every environment I go to uses VMs for Citrix testing of some sort with SoftGrid. Usually the sequencers get a VM for their testing so that they can have free reign on it and put it back to a snapshot. The only wierd thing I have seen with VMs is that I had an application that only worked when VMWare Tools was installed and the specific issue was with a Crystal Reports 8.5 runtime. Wierd stuff!
kkaminsk
Guru

Return to Installation