AppV Information in WMI

Managing an App-V environment; Check-lists, Tips and Tricks, Best Practices, Videos, How to Guides

Moderators: kirk, jur, kkaminsk

RoryRut
Got AppVirt to work once

AppV Information in WMI

Post by RoryRut » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair a class in WMI?

I have several machines where I cannot read the \root\microsoft\appvirt\client CLASS=package instances in WMI. I cannot read them via a script or wbemtest. wbemtest gives the generic failure error of 0x80041001. I can get all the way to the package class. I get the error when I click the instances button in wbemtest.

What is strange is that I can get to the \root\microsoft\appvirt\client CLASS=application instances. And the machine has the app-v packages cached and running just fine.

I have tried recompiling the appv mof file, before and after deleting the package class. ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sGCliprv.mof") It did not help.

Since I can get to other info in WMI, I really do not want to repair or rebuilt WMI, of which there does not seem to be a consistent documented way.

It is rather important to us to use the information from WMI. We have a script that will build shortcuts to run support utilities inside of the bubble and we have a script to add, load, unload, updated, deleted, repair, etc. our appv apps. (We are running App-V 4.6 SP1 hotfix4 in standalone mode.)

Return to “Managing”