I.E. Bug - Black lines over White BG for certain web sites

Citrix Application Streaming and 3rd Party integration; Profile Management Solutions, User Workspace/Environment Management; Software Asset Management solutions. Appsense, RES, Immidio, Scense, RTO, Quest etc. etc.

Moderators: kirk, dnyvandam, ArjanB

Cat_Tech_J
Still installing locally

I.E. Bug - Black lines over White BG for certain web sites

Post by Cat_Tech_J » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:47 pm

I am having a "weird" issue only in IE. A site like MSN and others loads fine, but this site floridarpg.com (which we need to see) does not... when this problematic site tries to load, instead of the web page's coming up cleanly, the web page comes up for a split second, then these black horizontal lines about 10-20 pixels in height spaced equally all the way down appear. They are "behind" the images but "in front of" the text. The issue does not exist in Chrome, only in I.E. All "compatibility mode" settings were tried, as well as restarting, rebooting, etc... I have tested this site on other non-Xendesktop machines on all browsers, including IE, and it works fine. This problem has only been replicated on this one Citrix system.

I saw an issue with the graphics/PC in Xendesktop where the solution was to allocate no more than 3GB to the VM, and that fixed others problems, but this is with IE, and we only have 2GB allocated and no 3D, just in case that's helpful.

Thanks in advance!

kirk
Guru

Re: I.E. Bug - Black lines over White BG for certain web sit

Post by kirk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 am

Hi,
this forum is for streamd/virtualized applications specifically.
Because I think your issue is not realted to a Citrix (application) Streming (profile), I suggest you ask your question in the "generic" Citrix Forums: http://forums.citrix.com/category.jspa?categoryID=37

Your question there should include the XenDesktop version, IE version and the VDI VM's OS (XP, WIn7..) as well. For your specific issue, also the HDX settings and even the Client OS may matter.
Falko

Return to “3rd Party integration”