SoftGridguru.com "Thank You" acknowledgements

Every great rock album has a "Thank you" section full of names and places you've never heard of...Why should appvirtguru.com be any different?

Moderators: jur, Shawn Bass, seq_tim, ksaunam, rspruijt

Has SoftGridGuru.com assisted in your use / evaluation of the SoftGrid product?

Right On
43%
Right On
43%
Yeah - gave me some ideas
7%
Yeah - gave me some ideas
7%
Somewhat lame
No votes
Somewhat lame
No votes
Nope - Sorry. Didn't cut it for me
No votes
Nope - Sorry. Didn't cut it for me
No votes

Total votes: 46

badshadd
Guru

SoftGridguru.com "Thank You" acknowledgements

Post by badshadd » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:43 am

Citrix_Guy wrote:Every great rock album has a "Thank you" section full of names and places you've never heard of... Why should softgridguru.com be any different?
It appears that this site had its first public appearance / breath of life on or around the 23 Feb 03. I believe the initial post under this Section is long overdue.

Even though it appears that some of the original 'band' members no longer administer / participate, I've noticed a few specific members that have stepped up to the plate & provided continuous inputs to make this a worthwhile forum and kept the 'band' name alive since I started following the 'band' in Nov 06. (I can't believe I've been at this for just over 8 months already).

Since this forum (as does many private - no commercial sponsorship) lives on volunteers with volunteered / 'free' information giving, I thank all 'Fan Club' members (forum users) for asking specific questions, providing detailed reponses, and information product updates up front.

I want to give a special thanks to those of you that make a living using this product through paid consulting and / or administering a SoftGrid environment and providing valuable & timely feedback to keep the information in this forum current & creditable.

My personal & specific special 'Thanks' go out to what I perceive as the 'lead band members' in SoftGridGuru.com's current international line-up - seq_tim, kkaminsk, rspruijt, and ksaunam with special guest appearances with detailed input from smileyej. I don't want to forget any other members or make someone feel left out, but these individuals have stood out above the rest during my time here.

As with any rock album's "Thank You" section, there's normally a product endorsement section of specific items used as well. This would be my unofficial list of products (hardware / software companies) that make this 'band's' forum flourish: Softricity for getting the idea rolling & breaking the application installation paradigm; Microsoft for seeing the potential & hopefully exploiting this technology to its fullest and providing the underlying platform on which this technology functions; those third-party software application vendors whose products work with this technology; and all those compatable hardware vendors where the software runs (the list would get way to long if I listed every hardware component like a true band would do... TAMA drums, SABIAN cymbals, VATER sticks, ...).

Now it's your turn - SoftGridGuru.com Fan Club members - to provide comment or poll input.

Keep on Rockin'!
I'm no guru - I just ask lots of questions. ;^)

seq_tim
Elder

Post by seq_tim » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:47 pm

Well, even if he no longer posts because he is too into VMWare these days, Ron Oglesby is the guy who started softgridguru and it is still running on his (virtual) hardware. So we have to thank him as well.

PS: The reason there are no posts in this section is that the system cleans out old stuff after a while. But thanks for the thanks! This last year has seen a great uptick in the activity here, and it is wonderful to see how the community ha grown.
tim (Microsoft MVP for App-V)
Kahuna, TMurgent Technologies: http://www.tmurgent.com
President, Virtualization Boston: http://www.virtg.com

ksaunam
Elder

Post by ksaunam » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:46 pm

seq_tim wrote:PS: The reason there are no posts in this section is that the system cleans out old stuff after a while.
I kind of suspected something like that as couple of times I have tried to search something to refer to, but could not find even if I remembered that I had seen particular things discussed previously.

It's a pity in some ways as you see certain things asked again and again; old posts surely contained lot of one-off wisdom for various things regarding SoftGrid.

Anyone from site administration; could you considering at least to make aging to be longer than it currently is?

And yes, also thanks for the original poster for compliments.

/Kalle

rspruijt
Guru

Post by rspruijt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:42 pm

Hi,

It's great to spend some private time in sharing information with your guys!. I have change the database pruning configuration, so topics should be remained.

With regards,
Ruben Spruijt

mwise

Ron has definately made this what it is

Post by mwise » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:47 pm

seq_tim wrote:Well, even if he no longer posts because he is too into VMWare these days, Ron Oglesby is the guy who started softgridguru and it is still running on his (virtual) hardware. So we have to thank him as well.

PS: The reason there are no posts in this section is that the system cleans out old stuff after a while. But thanks for the thanks! This last year has seen a great uptick in the activity here, and it is wonderful to see how the community ha grown.
Ron didn't actually start the forum, but it was transitioned over to RapidApp a few months after starting it and Ron, and RapidApp (now GlassHouse), DEFINITELY deserve tons of credit for keeping it alive for everyone.

Without Ron, this site would have died an un-timely death.

Thanks Ron!

Michael Wise

DannyC
Guru

Post by DannyC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Since the subject has been raised, I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved - Softgridguru probably ranks up there with filemon and regmon as VITAL tools for folks like us! :D

I also MUCH prefer the forum format to the new technet 'equivalent'..

Just wish I had more time to get involved these days.

Cheers all,
Danny

badshadd
Guru

Re: SoftGridguru.com "Thank You" acknowledgements

Post by badshadd » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Howdy all,

I was out of the App-V business for close to 11 months specializing in a Data-at-Rest implementation solution, but now I'm back. I went to check back into SoftGridGuru.com on 16 Dec 2009 with a post & that was the day that SoftGridGuru was migrated to AppVirtGuru. Boy, did I feel confused when I got locked out during my post. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to 'Thank' the responsible parties for bringing SoftGridGuru (& all that valuable content) to its new home & integrating the application virtualization products under one roof.

To 'those responsible' - thanks a bunch. Looking forward to asking more questions about App-V 4.5 SP1 - when I left in Feb 09, my customer didn't want to move forward so I was using SoftGrid 4.2 so now I've got some catching up to do. Yee Haw - I love learning (but not being behind the power curve of knowledge).

ksaunam
Elder

Post by ksaunam » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 pm

badshadd wrote: Anyway, I just wanted to 'Thank' the responsible parties for bringing SoftGridGuru (& all that valuable content) to its new home & integrating the application virtualization products under one roof.
Funnily enough, these are mostly the very same people you thanked in your original post where this thread started few years ago :-) (plus of course Shawn)

Anyway, thanks for the thanks once again! I'm especially happy to see that posting here has picked up significantly from what it was on the last days (well, months to be exact) of softgridguru site. This validates in a nice way that the work we have put recently into this migration and also ongoing work for improving even further has not gone to "waste" at all. Let's all together make this place the independent resource for all things app virtualization!

br,
Kalle
Kalle Saunamäki
Enhance your App-V packaging - http://www.gridmetric.com/
Blogging on the App-V - http://blog.gridmetric.com/

badshadd
Guru

Post by badshadd » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:15 am

ksaunam wrote:Let's all together make this place the independent resource for all things app virtualization!
I'll drink to that (even though it's only coffee time).

kkaminsk
Guru

Post by kkaminsk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:35 am

badshadd wrote:
ksaunam wrote:Let's all together make this place the independent resource for all things app virtualization!
I'll drink to that (even though it's only coffee time).
Me too! (not coffee time!) :lol:
http://www.bighatgroup.com

Moder_20
Still installing locally

Post by Moder_20 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Hahahah ill do the same !

Return to “Site Acknowledgements”